Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Travel Skin Care Essentials

by Gina Thompson

What skin care products do you take when you travel?
Every time I get on an airplane I attempt to avoid checking a bag. This presents a challenge pretty much every time I travel, but I am getting better at it with each flight. Limiting my assortment of shoes is an obstacle (thankfully I have small feet), but the liquid and gel regulations are what really perplex me. According to the Transportation Security Administration if you want to carry on, you must follow the 3-1-1 guidelines. This means that your liquids and gels must be in containers that are 3.4 ounces or less and all must fit in1 quart-sized, clear, plastic, zip-top bag. 1 bag per passenger is allowed.

I realize that a quart size bag may seem quite small, but you can get lots of travel size goodies in that little bag. Think about the essentials you will need for each particular trip and pack minis of everything you can. Also, call your hotel for a list of products that will be available in your room so you can streamline your choices. If you are confused about what you can and cannot bring in your carry on, download the My TSA app to your smart phone and ask, ‘Can I bring my…’ and get answers.

Here are some of the skin care essentials that I always travel with.

GlyMed Plus Purifying Cleanser
This multi-tasking cleanser removes makeup and cleanses the skin. It is creamy, refreshing and infused with real lavender oil to calm the skin. I never travel without it.  

Clarisonic Mia 2
The latest version of the Clarisonic Mia gives you all the benefits of sonic cleansing in a compact, easy-to-use style and comes with a protective case. I take this with me when I travel and it isn’t a liquid or a gel, so it doesn’t have to fit in my quart-sized plastic bag. Perfect!  

GlyMed Plus Photo Age Protection Gel SPF 15
I have used the Photo Age Protection Gel daily for almost 20 years. It is a great daytime moisturizer that lightly hydrates the skin and provides good protection as well. It works in most climates, so it is always with me when I travel.

Avene Thermal Spring Water
The mini size (50 ml) of this Thermal Spring Water is compliant with the TSA regulations so you can bring it with you on the plane. Simply spray the water onto the skin. It refreshes and hydrates without disturbing your makeup. I love it.

GlyMed Plus Intense Peptide Skin Recovery Complex
This light treatment cream is an essential when traveling because it can calm redness, moisturize the skin and soften lines. You can layer it under your daytime moisturizer, use it at night and also as an eye cream. I never forget this little pot of gold when I travel!

I think that it’s O.K. to skip your complete regimen for a couple of days when traveling. 
 Pack a few skin care essentials and get back to your complete routine when you return. Also, treat yourself to a hydrating facial treatment before your trip to look and feel refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment