Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Summer Skincare

By Gina Thompson

What products do you use for summer skin care?  
Summer is definitely my favorite time of the year. I happily trade out my Uggs and heavy layers of black clothing for flirty sundresses and open toe sandals of every color. I modify my skin care wardrobe this time of the year as well by swapping out creamy moisturizers for lighter serums and lotions and spending a little more time pampering my feet, hands and body skin.

Seasonal skin changes are common for most skin types and may require minor adjustments throughout the year. Your summer skin care routine may require simply switching to a lotion instead of a cream for nighttime moisture, using a more active cleanser in the morning to feel squeaky clean, adjusting your Retinoid use based on your sun exposure or layering on more sunscreen.

I look forward to lightening up in the summer months and I want to share my list of summer essentials with you.

GlyMed Plus Stem Cell Serum
This is my number one summer skin care essential. It is super lightweight, feels great on the skin and provides an extra layer of anti-oxidant protection under my sunscreen. I will not be caught without my Stem Cell Serum!

GlyMed Plus UltraHydro Gel 
UltraHydro Gel is a staple in my skin care wardrobe, but it definitely gets more use in the summertime. It works great alone to hydrate oily skin types, but I like to mix it with my day and nighttime moisturizers. It thins out my creams and lotions while boosting hydration levels. Perfect!

SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion SPF 50
Most of my clients would agree that Physical Fusion is probably one of the lightest sun blocks out there. It is compliant with the current FDA guidelines for sunscreens providing an SPF 50 protection with a soft tint. It feels like nothing is on your skin and even the oiliest skins swear by this amazing product. This is a staple all summer long for me.

GlyMed Plus Chocolate Masque
Who doesn’t love chocolate? This delicious masque contains cocoa, reservatrol, and the acai berry for anti-aging and restorative benefits. Use it before a special event for a beautiful glow, after a professional skin care treatment to prolong the benefits or to soothe a burn. If you get too much sun one day, just apply this masque at night to reduce inflammation. It will not only soothe and calm the skin, but it will also help prevent pigmentation that may develop from inflammation after sun exposure. Fabulous.

Glytone Lipo-Lift Massage Kit
This product has been around for a while, but it is new to us! The shower gel and body massager are used together in the shower to help stimulate microcirculation and maximize drainage for firmer looking skin. I definitely feel like it helps keep my legs toned and smooth during swimsuit season. It takes a little extra time in the morning, but it is worth it!

Be sure to share your summer skin care essentials with us on the CPRS Facebook page or in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment