Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lip Liner Tips


I know I should use a lip liner under my lipstick to help it stay on longer, but do I need one to match every lipstick I have? I have lots of lipsticks.

No, you do not need a lip liner to perfectly match each and every lipstick you own. That could be a pretty substantial investment if your collection rivals mine. You should start with a few basic colors and build your collection from there. If you only had one liner, the best option would be a neutral colored pencil that is close to your natural lip color. This can work with many lipstick colors in a pinch. I would also purchase a couple pencils that are in the same color family as the majority of your lipsticks. Check your inventory. Do you have more reds, pinks, browns, or mauves? The colors of your lipsticks will affect your choices, but you want to try to use a liner with a similar tone, not necessarily the same exact color. I actually have fun mixing and matching my lip products. A different lip liner, color and gloss can create fun color combinations and expand your lip wardrobe without spending lots of money at the cosmetic counter. So, once you have invested in a few liners, enjoy experimenting in your personal color lab.

- Gina Thompson

2 comments:

  1. Good advice. I'm of the "one to match my natural lip color" mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment, Spiral Style. You have some nice jewelry on your blog!

    ReplyDelete