Monday, February 21, 2011

Saggy Eyelids


What can I do about my saggy eyelids? They make me look so tired all the time. 

Unfortunately, there's not much you can do to hide aging eyelid skin without surgical intervention. An upper blepharoplasty (or eyelid lift) is a surgical procedure that removes excess eyelid skin. If the "hooding" is dramatic and interferes with your peripheral vision, some insurance companies will cover a portion of the cost. Another surgical option is a forehead lift, which can help open up the eyes and smooth out forehead wrinkles by lifting the entire brow.

Some makeup options include using dark neutral eye shadows in the crease of the eyelid to make the area appear to recede, and avoiding frosted shadows. Curl your lashes with an eyelash curler to gve the eyes a bit of a lift, and apply a dab of concealer (a shade lighter than your skin tone) to the outer corners of the eyes to brighten dark shadows. If you are considering surgery seek the advice of a qualified plastic surgeon for the best outcome.

2 comments:

  1. I also had the same problem with my eyelids a few months ago. Fortunately, I tried a Toronto blepharoplasty procedure and it really worked for me. I was very happy with the results! That's why, I highly recommend this cosmetic procedure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to find a site about my interest. My first visit to your site is been a big help. Thank you for the efforts you been putting on making your site such an interesting and informative place to browse through. I'll be visiting your site again to gather some more valuable information. You truly did a good job.
    Plastic Surgery

    ReplyDelete